Christmas in July


I'm way behind on blog posts-- I mean WAY behind. I started this blog in 2009, and took about a year and a half off because I got engaged and had a wedding to plan. I still took pictures of recipes I made and craft projects though, in hopes that I would eventually get them posted here. The wedding was a month ago, and things are finally getting back to normal, so I'm catching up. Hence the posts about Christmas gifts and goodies at the beginning of July!
I gave these gifts to the staff in my classroom last Christmas, and I am still in love with the idea. It was a fun low cost gift that was a big hit with everyone.


I spent around $10 for each gift. For each person, I bought a drink glass, a small drink mix, and a mini bottle of alcohol. I wrapped each up with cellophane and attached an ornament on the outside, along with a tag that said "I'd like to buy you a drink!" The inspiration for these gifts came from a Stirrings Drink Mix Package similar to the one below:



For the men, I bought tall cylinder glasses and included a mojito mix and mini bottle of white rum. For the women, I bought fun martini glasses and included a flavored martini mix and a mini bottle of vodka. The sparkly ornaments were $2 in the ornament section at Target, and I love using this ornaments to decorate the outside of packages, they are so festive! Please forgive the poor pictures, these were taken at 6am the morning I took them to work.


Comments